Researchers at the UC Davis MIND Institute are examining changes in the brain and cognition associated with aging, in males with the Fragile X premutation compared to those without.
Who can participate?
Males over 45 years old who are either:
- Carriers of the Fragile X premutation, or
- Healthy men not carrying the Fragile X premutation
What does the study involve?
- Two 2-day visits to the MIND Institute over 5 years.
- Medical history exam.
- Neuropsychological exam and behavioral testing.
- MRI and blood draw.
- In the year between visits, we will mail you additional measures.
What else can be expected?
- Upon request, families will receive feedback about cognitive strengths and weaknesses.
- You will be compensated for your time and travel.
- You will receive a picture of your brain.
About the MIND Institute
The UC Davis MIND Institute is a collaborative international research center, committee to the awareness, understanding, prevention, and care of neurodevelopmental disorders. All studies take place at:
2825 50th Street
Sacramento, California, 95817
Visit mindinstitute.ucdavis.edu or more information.
If you’d like to learn more or apply for this opportunity, please fill out the form to send your contact information to the study coordinator or you may contact Jessica Famula directly at (916) 703-0470.
View More Opportunities
This survey will help support families in the Early Check study in NC whose newborns have been diagnosed with Fragile X and inform the design of an early intervention program for these babies.
RTI Int’l and UNC at Chapel Hill are conducting a research study to learn more about early development of young children with Fragile X in North Carolina, and the experiences of their parents when obtaining the diagnosis and early intervention services.
A survey to measure levels of behavior. When someone with FXS is experiencing anxiety, describe what you see and hear, and how the experience impacts your/their quality of life.