Researchers at the UC Davis MIND Institute are examining changes in the brain and cognition associated with aging, in males with the Fragile X premutation compared to those without.
Who can participate?
Males over 45 years old who are either:
- Carriers of the Fragile X premutation, or
- Healthy men not carrying the Fragile X premutation
What does the study involve?
- Two 2-day visits to the MIND Institute over 5 years.
- Medical history exam.
- Neuropsychological exam and behavioral testing.
- MRI and blood draw.
- In the year between visits, we will mail you additional measures.
What else can be expected?
- Upon request, families will receive feedback about cognitive strengths and weaknesses.
- You will be compensated for your time and travel.
- You will receive a picture of your brain.
About the MIND Institute
The UC Davis MIND Institute is a collaborative international research center, committee to the awareness, understanding, prevention, and care of neurodevelopmental disorders. All studies take place at:
2825 50th Street
Sacramento, California, 95817
Visit mindinstitute.ucdavis.edu or more information.