NFXF Community Chapters
To find your local chapter, check out the interactive map below↓. Community chapters are officially affiliated with the NFXF in support of our mission to provide unwavering support for every family affected by Fragile X. Support includes providing educational and awareness opportunities, fundraising, and supporting the Fragile X Clinic & Research Consortium — 30+ Fragile X specialty clinics located across the U.S. (If you’re seeking medical support related to Fragile X, please visit our Fragile X clinic map.)
Now’s the time to get involved. Your local chapter welcomes you to give back, pay it forward, learn, and have fun:
- Attend social activities like picnics, bowling outings, and trips to museums.
- Participate in local education seminars on topics like IEPs and behavioral challenges.
- Participate in community events and find out how much fun it is to fundraise with others toward a common cause through walks, flower sales, pumpkin parades, and more.
- Join in on support group meetings and get to know others who understand the issues you’re facing.
- Educate and advocate with organized trips (and Zoom) to Washington D.C. for National Fragile X Foundation Advocacy Day.
If there isn’t a chapter in your area↓, we can help you start one. To let us know you’re interested — or to ask us anything about the CSN — please contact email@example.com
Above: NFXF Community Support Network volunteers meet in 2019. Back row, far right is former Congressman Gregg Harper, a Fragile X father.
To find community partners near you, use our interactive map↓ below. Community partners are independent, tax-exempt organizations that collaborate with the NFXF to support the Fragile X community, raise awareness, and offer educational opportunities to families in their geographic area. These groups are primarily run by volunteer parents, and are not formally affiliated with the NFXF.
To find community contacts near you, use our interactive map↓ below.
Community contacts are dedicated volunteers (individuals or groups) who are available to answer questions and provide educational and emotional support, especially to those with newly diagnosed children.
The Sibling & Self-Advocate Network
The NFXF offers opportunities for individuals and siblings of individuals living with Fragile X to connect. If you or one of your siblings is living with Fragile X and would like to join a group of like-minded individuals, the Sibling & Self-Advocate Network is for you! For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.