2021 FRAGILE X AWARENESS MONTH: July 2021
2021 FRAGILE X AWARENESS DAY: Thursday, July 22, 2021
2021 X STRIDES CLOSING CEREMONY: Saturday, July 31, 2021
This year marks the 21st year of celebrating Fragile X Awareness every July in the U.S. , which began when Congress designated July 22, 2000 as National Fragile X Awareness Day.
Over the years, the reach of our awareness messages has grown exponentially as our community has expanded and parent groups around the world joined in their own efforts to raise awareness of Fragile X. This year is going to be even bigger and better!
We have long delivered awareness messages and programs the entire month of July, and we are once again looking forward to the Fragile X community rallying together to share about what Fragile X syndrome is, the challenges and joys, the value of saying hi to those who aren’t “typical,” and more.
We have exciting opportunities for you to join in on:
- Yard Signs: We’ve produced a selection of “July is Fragile X Awareness Month” yard signs that you can order online, and look amazing when you pair them with new green lighting, simply change out your porch or landscape lighting, or add some string lights.
- Xtraordinary Self-Advocates: Submit your own Xtraordinary person in your life, or post your own and share with us. This year we’re also sharing about individuals with Fragile X syndrome who are working — paid, volunteer, full-time, part-time, and more.
- Fragile X Facts: Sharing videos and facts each day on social media for you to share (each year these are seen more than 1 million times during the month — let’s go for 2 million!). Check out our social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin.
- Virtual X Strides: Our virtual X Strides run/walk takes place all of July with a closing ceremony July 31. You can participate no matter where you live in the world because Fragile X knows no boundaries.
- Awareness Downloads: Below you’ll find Fragile X Awareness Zoom Virtual Backgrounds (including instructions on how to use them) and a variety of Awareness Cards, including multiple versions for different family members.