Summer may be a time of R&R in the rest of the world, but our devoted Fragile X fundraisers always seem to use the warm months to heat up their engines and put their creative energies into overdrive. Here are some brief reviews on what they were up to.
The Mathias Walk for Fragile X – Bernville, PAFor the past seven years, Jennifer and Luke Mathias have organized a walk for Fragile X in honor of their daughters Skylar and Silver. And for the seventh year in a row, we are pleased and proud to be the recipients of the event proceeds. This year’s walk on June 22 was held on a beautiful summer morning with over 100 participants.
Said Jennifer: “We are deeply thankful and humbled by the support we receive from family, friends and the community for the walk.”
We, too, are very thankful for your generous donation of time and energy to make the walk so successful, Mathias Family! Thank you!
July Events By More Fearless Fundraisers!
The creativity and energy that our fearless fundraisers put into their events is truly inspirational! A few recent examples:
- Julie Stran – Dubuque, Iowa: Fragile X Funfest and Zumbathon
- Kari Schwartz – Hornell, New York: FX Car Wash
- Jamie Osborne – Rochester, New York: FX Garage Sale
- Geri Rushing – Ararat, North Carolina: FX Night At the Lone Star Steakhouse
- Suzanne Zamelsky – Totowa, New Jersey: Retirement Party Donations in Lieu of Gifts
- The Silverton Family – Grand Blanc, Michigan: Wrinkle-Free Botox Event
Awesome job everyone— thank you!
Rogers Neighborhood FX Family Fund
Speaking of creative, we are pleased to announce the launch of the Rogers Neighborhood FX Family Fund. Cindi and Chris Rogers are committed to helping families attend the and give them access to the multitude of FX information and resources available there. Proceeds from the sale of their specially designed T-shirts will fund scholarships that help with conference expenses.
Order your T-shirts by visiting rogersneighborhoodfxfamilyfund.com/donate.html.
You Made the Let ‘Em Know Virtual 5K a Real Success!
Walkers! Runners! Hikers! Bikers! Thanks to your efforts and your supporters’ generous donations to the Let ‘Em Know Virtual 5K, you raised nearly $48,000 in online contributions. Wow! You not only met our matching challenge grant, you went far beyond it —making this our most successful National Fragile X Awareness Month ever!
Congratulations to every single one of you whose excitement, enthusiasm and energy for this first-time Awareness event truly Let ‘Em Know! Thank you!
- Nick Henning, California – Fundraiser with the most number of donations: 41!
- Alexis Davis, Maryland – Fundraiser with the most money raised online: $3,305! (From 35 donors.)
- Andrew Murphy of New Jersey with 36 donors!
- Sebastian Duckworth of New Jersey with $1,975 in donations!