Our latest podcast features Robert Miller of the National Fragile X Foundation and representatives of the the major pharmaceutical companies involved in ongoing Fragile X Clinical Trials. We have Dr. Paul Wang, Vice President, Clinical Development of Seaside Therapeutics; Dr. Eriene Wasef, Associate Clinical Director of Hoffman-La Roche; and Dr. Marla Hochfeld, Executive Medical Director of Novartis. Listeners will hear insightful answers to the following questions:
- What is a clinical trial?
- Why are clinical trials important?
- How do clinical trials contribute to the safety of new drugs?
- How do clinical trials contribute to the usefulness of new drugs?
- What should I expect to be told about a trial and what should I not expect to be able to know?
- Can I drop out of a trial at any time?
- What about other medications my child might be taking?
- Can my child stay on the trial drug when a trial ends and, if not, why not?
- When a trial ends, should I expect to be contacted about the results or will I need to find that out on my own?
- What is the best way for listeners to learn about your company’s specific trial or trials?
The NFXF encourages you to view our newest site feature, a state-by-state listing of clinical trials being conducted of potential new drugs for the treatment of Fragile X syndrome and see if one might be right for you.
Clinical Trials 101 Podcast