These stories, together with our ongoing advocacy efforts, can help ensure:
- Public awareness of Fragile X and the risks of being a carrier.
- Doctors know about Fragile X so they can diagnose patients.
- Special educators understand how to reach and engage individuals individuals with Fragile X.
- Policymakers understand the need to set policies and provide opportunities for people with Fragile X and all intellectual disabilities.
- More researchers get involved in more Fragile X research.
- Therapists understand the differences (and similarities) between Fragile X and autism, and how to treat them separately and together.
- Awareness of clinical trials and studies, including support and guidance for individuals and their families so they understand the challenges they may be facing, and how to prepare for participation.