The communications world is moving faster than ever now that you can access information right at your fingertips, whether by smartphone, tablet, or computer on your lap or your desk. That’s why the National Fragile X Foundation has come up with better, faster ways to get that information to you.
Following the successful complete redesign of our website last year, we’ve revised our home page to highlight multiple news categories so that you can easily find the latest news on what matters to you. For the social-media savvy, we also share our website news via Facebook and Twitter. The “Top Three Articles” every week can be found in our Fragile Xtras eNewsletter, so subscribe today!
Here’s just a sample of the information we’ve been able to share over the past few months:
- The connection between FMRP and autism.
- Fundraising success stories like 8-year-old Georgia Grande’s birthday gift to the NFXF and marathoner David Frey running both a half and a full marathon in honor of his nephew Mitchell Christoff.
- Behavior strategies by Marcia Braden.
- Day-to-day living approaches by parent and NFXF staffer Jayne Dixon-Weber.
- The monster snowstorm that couldn’t dampen another successful NFXF Advocacy Day.
- “Forward Thinking” videos from parents, siblings, grandparents and self-advocates.
We’ve been able to get those and many other stories to readers quickly and efficiently, without any lag time between the writing and delivery, because of our enhanced electronic media efforts. And those efforts are just the tip of the iceberg—we have so much more planned for the future!
You are Xtra-Special
Because of the increasing demand for timely and efficient news and the ever-rising costs of paper and postage, we will no longer be producing printed issues of the Foundation Quarterly. We know many will be sad to see it go, but please rest assured that you’ll find the same in-depth news and information through our enhanced website, Facebook, Twitter and Fragile Xtras—all delivered to you with the tap of a key, moments after we complete each article!
Also: as a special benefit to NFXF members, we will compile the year’s highlights in a brand new annual print publication: Xtra-Special: Best of the Best in 2013. (And beyond!) Xtra-Special will be filled with timeless information you’ll want to keep and reference for years to come. So sign up to become an NFXF member today if you haven’t already done so, and make sure Xtra-Special gets delivered to your home at year’s end! Learn more about membership here.
Don’t miss out!