Now Recruiting Research Participants: Combining Lovastatin and a Parent-Implemented Language Intervention in a Multimodal Treatment for Fragile X syndrome
We invite you to take part in a research study to test the efficacy of a multimodal treatment comprised of the medication Lovastatin or placebo, and a Parent-Implemented Language Intervention (PILI) in children and adolescents with FXS.
Who Can Participate?
Children and adolescents between the ages of 10-17 diagnosed with Fragile X syndrome. Participants must be able to speak in at least two to three word phrases of English.
What Does the Study Involve?
- Three visits to the MIND Institute over 20 weeks.
- Behavioral and language assessments, medical history, a physical exam, parent questionnaires and blood and urine sampling.
- Weekly video conferencing sessions in your home to learn strategies to help your child with language.
- Child or adolescent will be randomized to either the medication Lovastatin or placebo.
What Else Can I Expect?
- Families receive feedback from expert clinicians.
- Travel reimbursement provided.
- Results have the potential to positively influence current treatments for FXS.
Sign Up for Research
To learn more about the LOVA study, please contact:
(916) 703-0491 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(916) 703-0281 or email@example.com
The UC Davis MIND Institute is a collaborative international research center committed to the awareness, understanding, prevention and care of neurodevelopmental disorders.
All studies take place at the MIND Institute, located at 2825 50th St. in Sacramento, CA 95817
For a map and directions, visit mindinstitute.ucdavis.edu.