CTLR and click on Windows or Command and click on Mac to select multiple groups.
The more specific the better: What was the weather like? What were the decorations? Did anything funny happen? What food was served? What was the atmosphere like? Give us quotes (with attribution and context).
Special recognition of anyone or information that you would like for us to try to include.
Please let us know which groups were represented at your event.
[expand trigclass="ew-expand" title="Picture Submission Guidelines"]
- The most critical point and the chief determinant of whether your photo will be suitable for publication in printed material: Please set your camera on the largest image size and the highest quality resolution it will allow. Different cameras have different terms, but the setting will usually be noted as “High,” “Super Fine,” “Ultra-High” or a similar term. Consult your manual or a knowledgeable friend or relative if you can’t find where you manage this setting.
- Your final image should ideally be at “300 dpi” (dots per inch), which will make for a sharp (rather than blurry and faded-looking) image. To find dots per inch, click on the photo on your computer’s pull-down menu for something like “Inspector,” “Get Info” or “Document Properties.” DPI, along with image size and file size, should be noted there. Please note: the dpi cannot simply be typed in and changed (for instance, from 72 to 300 dpi) in your photo editing software; the image must be shot at a high dpi.
- Most photos of adequate dimensions and resolution for print reproduction will be in a range from 500K to 2MBs on your file. If it’s under 100K, there’s little chance the photo will hold up for print media (though it may well be fine for the NFXF website; electronic media requires much lower resolution than does print).
- Unless you are very adept, do not crop, resize or try to edit your image in any way. We would much prefer to worry about that.
- Try to save your image in JPEG or PNG formats. Do not use heavy JPEG compression.
Pictures help those who could not attend share in the event and excitement. Please attach several pictures.
CTLR and click on Windows or Command and click on Mac to select multiple pictures.