Who Can Participate?
- Boys with a diagnosis of fragile X syndrome
- Aged 2 to 10 years, inclusive
- Shows disruptive behaviors (e.g., aggression, self-injury, property destruction)
What Participation Involves:
- Completing questionnaires about your child’s behavior every 4 weeks for 16 weeks
- Randomization to observation or in-home treatment
What are the Benefits of Participating?
- Potential improvement in your child’s disruptive behaviors
- Increased understanding of your child’s behavior
- An honorarium of up to $200 for participation
Complete the survey below to determine your son’s eligibility.
For more information please contact:
For participants’ rights, contact the IRB at 1-866-680-2906
View More Opportunities
The UC Davis MIND Institute is currently recruiting study research participants. The study’s goal is to better understand the ways in which characteristics of mothers and fathers and relationships within the family influence the language learning environment of young boys with Fragile X syndrome.
This survey will help support families in the Early Check study in NC whose newborns have been diagnosed with Fragile X and inform the design of an early intervention program for these babies.
RTI Int’l and UNC at Chapel Hill are conducting a research study to learn more about early development of young children with Fragile X in North Carolina, and the experiences of their parents when obtaining the diagnosis and early intervention services.
A survey to measure levels of behavior. When someone with FXS is experiencing anxiety, describe what you see and hear, and how the experience impacts your/their quality of life.