Who Can Participate?
- Boys with a diagnosis of fragile X syndrome
- Aged 2 to 10 years, inclusive
- Shows disruptive behaviors (e.g., aggression, self-injury, property destruction)
What Participation Involves:
- Completing questionnaires about your child’s behavior every 4 weeks for 16 weeks
- Randomization to observation or in-home treatment
What are the Benefits of Participating?
- Potential improvement in your child’s disruptive behaviors
- Increased understanding of your child’s behavior
- An honorarium of up to $200 for participation
Complete the survey below to determine your son’s eligibility.
For more information please contact:
For participants’ rights, contact the IRB at 1-866-680-2906
View More Opportunities
This survey will help support families in the Early Check study in NC whose newborns have been diagnosed with Fragile X and inform the design of an early intervention program for these babies.
RTI Int’l and UNC at Chapel Hill are conducting a research study to learn more about early development of young children with Fragile X in North Carolina, and the experiences of their parents when obtaining the diagnosis and early intervention services.
A survey to measure levels of behavior. When someone with FXS is experiencing anxiety, describe what you see and hear, and how the experience impacts your/their quality of life.