Please consider enrolling your child in our clinical research study of FXS. Travel, food, and lodging are provided for the study participant and one or two accompanying family members. You will receive compensation for your time and participation.
The study includes and covers:
- One visit, lasting several days, to the NIH Clinical Center, in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Assessment by physicians.
- Psychological assessment.
- Brain scan.
- Travel, food, and lodging for the patient plus one to two accompanying family members.
- Compensation for your time and assistance.
The study does not include:
- Investigational drugs/medications/sedation.
Please note: When you fill out the form at right, you will be asked to confirm basic participation requirements, which are listed below.
- Are young males with FXS age 18–25.
- Are in good physical health.
- Are able to lay reasonably quiet for 45–60 minutes.
- Are not taking antidepressants or antipsychotics.
Fragile X Syndrome Principal Investigator:
Carolyn Beebe Smith