At St. John’s University, we are conducting a research study on the effectiveness of a parent training program for parents of children with Fragile X syndrome. We are currently seeking mothers to volunteer to participate in this parent training program.
This study might be right for you if:
- You are the mother of a child who has Fragile X syndrome (full mutation)
- Children are between the ages of 3 and 12 years old.
- You and your child live in the same home.
- Your child displays serious challenging behaviors such as physical aggression, self- injury, property destruction, or non-compliance.
The potential benefits of the study are:
- You may increase your knowledge of your child’s challenging behaviors and empirically supported strategies for addressing challenging behaviors.
- The parent training program may also benefit you by helping you to reduce your child’s challenging behaviors and improve your family’s quality of life.
For more information on this study or to request a screening packet, please contact:
Ms. Carmen Mootz, M.A.
or her faculty sponsor:
Dr. Lauren Moskowitz, Ph.D.