To be considered for the award, a Junior Investigator must submit an abstract by Monday, February 24, 2020. Once the abstract has been submitted, the Junior Investigator must send an email to Jayne Dixon Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting they be considered for the award and include the following:
- Subject line: Junior Investigator – “Last name”
- First line of email: “Title of Abstract”
- I wish to be considered for one of the Junior Investigator $1,000 awards.
Abstracts will be reviewed, and the finalists will be selected by the NFXF Conference Advisors.
- Will be notified by Friday, April 17, 2020.
- Will be given free registration for the conference (approx. value $500).
- Must make their own travel/hotel arrangements and pay for their travel (economy) and hotel expenses out of their award.
- Do not register for the conference or make hotel arrangements until you receive the appropriate codes.
- Are invited to join other members of the FX professional community for dessert on the evening of Thursday, July 16.
- Will be expected to give an oral talk or poster on Friday or Saturday of the conference as decided by the Conference Advisors.
- Can file for reimbursement of up to $500 post-conference. Reimbursement forms will be emailed to Faculty members. Receipts will be needed.
Questions? Contact Jayne Dixon Weber email@example.com
Emily Mack remembers her first time at an NFXF Int'l Fragile X Conference. “The best part was that it was the first time where I truly felt like everyone around me just understood, without explanation of who we were, what Fragile X was, and the highs and lows that it can bring to everyday.” Read her story.
Thanks to the generosity of local NFXF chapters, community partners, and private donors, conference scholarships have been made available to assist those who might not otherwise be able to attend this year’s conference. DEADLINE: March 25, 2020
Ten $1,000 scholarships for Junior Investigators whose area of focus is Fragile X to be awarded for both basic and clinical science research. DEADLINE: February 24, 2020.
The call for presentations for the 17th NFXF International Fragile X Conference opens January 29, 2020. Here is everything you need to know to submit your presentation. DEADLINE: February 24, 2020
Watch the session with the male self-advocates at the 16th NFXF International Fragile X Conference.
NFXF Executive Director Linda Sorensen reflects on her experience at the 16th International Fragile X Conference held in Cincinnati 2018.