FRAXSOCAL – 5K for Fragile X
March 11 @ 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM PST$30
The Fragile X Association of Southern California (FRAXSOCAL) is hosting our 10th annual 5K for Fragile X and Family Fun Day event on Saturday, March 11, 2023. We would love your support whether it is as an individual participant, register as a team, sponsor or sign up for our mini resource fair.
FRAXSOCAL fulfills our goals by reaching out to various community groups to promote awareness of Fragile X, as we are doing now. We support families in a variety of ways, including:
- Host educational seminars presented by experts in the Fragile X syndrome field to promote the best outcomes for those with Fragile X syndrome and their caregivers. Provided at no cost to participants.
- Provide financial support to caregivers to attend educational events
- Provide financial support to the Fragile X Clinic at Miller’s Children Hospital in Long Beach, CA.
- Provide support and guidance to newly diagnosed families connecting them to a wealth of resources.
- Inviting families to quarterly inclusive Family Fun Day events that we organize all over Southern California at no cost to them. It’s an opportunity to meet other families and share experiences.
- Monthly Support Group for caregivers led by a licensed therapist.
- Provide financial support to Fragile X syndrome medical research.
The FRAXSOCAL 5K and Family Fun Day is our largest event of the year!! We started in 2013 with only 40 people in attendance and in 2022 (right after the global pandemic) we grew to over 300 participants! The race is family friendly but also a good challenge for those avid runners! Your support helps us fulfill our mission as well as support the various Fragile X research organizations including our local Fragile X Clinic at Miller’s Children’s Hospital in Long Beach.
- March 11
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM PST
- Event Categories:
- Advocacy, Fundraiser, Social Events, Walk or Run
- Event Tags:
- Fragile X Association of Southern California
- Email Address
- Bonelli Park
120 Vía Verde
San Dimas, 91773 United States + Google Map
SSAN Meet & Greet with Hilary Rosselot, NFXF Executive DirectorJune 10 @ 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
Oklahoma Fragile X Families Playdate at Tiny Town TulsaJuly 14 @ 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM CDT
South Carolina Fragile X Awareness at the State CapitalJuly 21 @ 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM EDT