National Fragile X Awareness Month is about expanding public awareness and educating those who are in a position to help make a difference. We strive to do this every day, but once a year, in July, we bang our drum even louder to raise awareness about:
- Fragile X and the people it affects.
- The risks of being a carrier.
- Educating doctors about their role in diagnosing — and caring for — patients.
- Educating teachers and special educators about their role in reaching and engaging individuals with Fragile X.
- Educating policymakers about their role in setting policies and providing opportunities for people with Fragile X — and all intellectual disabilities.
- Involving more researchers in Fragile X research.
- Educating therapists about the differences — and similarities — between Fragile X and autism, and their role in treating them separately and together.
- The importance of clinical trials and studies, including support and guidance for individuals and their families so they understand the challenges they may be facing, and how to prepare for participation.
Your Awareness Toolkit
To help you raise awareness in July — and all year long — we have pulled together some materials that are free to download and use. Just fill out the form below and we will email you all of the materials. Check out all you get:
Zoom background instructions.
“Know Me” Cards
Use these print-it-yourself “Know Me” FX Awareness cards on Avery 8871 sheets or similar products. Can be used individually, or front/back of the same card.
“What Is Fragile X” Flyer
Get Your Awareness Packet
Enter your name and email address below to receive an email with all of the awareness materials.