Posted at May 15, 2013
Categories: Awareness Day,Fundraiser
Runners at the Central IL Fragile X 5K
We all know that walking is good for us. A regular walking routine of 30 minutes to an hour a day can?
- Fend off heart problems
- Help you feel younger
- Dim your chances of diabetes
- Help you quit smoking
- Slim you down
- Keep you mentally sharp
- Reduce stress
- Rev up your energy
- Boost your immune system
- Keep you going all day
But did you know walking also helps Fragile X?
Every year, the NFXF is proud to be the recipient of proceeds from several Walks for Fragile X around the country. This year’s walks include:
- Central Illinois FX Resource Group – 10th Annual Walk for Fragile X – Canton, Illinois.
- The Fragile X Resource Center of Missouri – 7th Annual Fragile, Not Broker Walk for Knowledge – St. Louis, Missouri
- Jennifer Mathias – 7th Walk for Fragile X – Lebanon, Pennsylvania
- Fragile X Families of Northern Virginia – Walk for Fragile X –
- Fragile X Alliance of Texas – 3rd annual Awareness Walk and Family Fun Day – San Antonio and Houston
- The Kansas FX LINKS Group – 3rd Annual Walk for The Faces of Fragile X – Shawnee, Kansas
- Fragile X Families of the Appalachians – 1st Annual Pound Heritage Run for Fragile X Families – Pound, Virginia
- Fragile X LINKS of the Tri Cities (Washington State) – Fragile X Hike for Hope
In addition, past years walks were also accomplished by:
- Texas Fragile X Association – 1st Fragile X Awareness Walk – Las Colinas, Texas
- Fragile X LINKS Group of Wisconsin – 1st & 2nd annual Fragile X Walk – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
We are so grateful for the hard work that so many do to make these walks so successful. Everyone benefits – the NFXF, the individuals and the LINKS groups, the walkers (& runners and hikers) and their fans and the communities that participate – thank you all!
Feel like taking your own walk?
We’re teaming up for National Fragile X Awareness month this July for our first “Let ‘Em Know 5k”: A Virtual Run/Walk for Fragile X! Stay tuned for details!